Dealing with these emotions can be very difficult. Little wonder people in grief need the love and affection of family and friends to get through the whole ordeal. However, being there for a person who just lost a loved one takes a lot of courage and composure.
Sometimes we are just too emotionally affected to say the right things.
This is why you have to be cautious while trying to console someone who just lost a loved one.
One way to properly reach out to someone who just lost a loved one is to make use of short condolences quotes. These quotes can be put down in cards and accompanied by flowers, to show just how sorry you are for the person’s loss.
An ideal Comfort quotes for loss of loved one should be concise, brief, with a tone of kindness. However, the words you go with should depend on the relationship between you and the bereaved. Go through our collection of sympathy and short condolence quotes to help you express yourself adequately.
1. “Our trials, our sorrows, and our grieves develop us.” – Orison Swett Marden
2. “When you lose someone you love, you gain an angel you know.“ – Author unknown
3. “Only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footprints have left on our hearts.” Dorothy Ferguson
4. “In the night of death, hope sees a star, and listening love can hear the rustle of a wing,“ – Robert Ingersoll
5. “When one person is missing the whole world seems empty.“ – Pat Schweibert
6. “A great soul serves everyone all the time.
A great soul never dies.
It brings us together again and again.“ – Maya Angelou
7. “It may help us, in those times of trouble, to remember that love is not only about relationship, it is also an affair of the soul.” – Thomas Moore
8. They that love beyond the world
cannot be separated by it.
Death cannot kill what never dies.” – William Penn
9. “The absence of the other person who used to be there beside you obliterates your presence.
Everything in the room, even the stars in the sky can disappear in a second, changing one scene for another, just like a dream.” — Hwang Sok-Yong
10. “Remember me and smile, for it’s better to forget than to remember me and cry.” — Dr. Seuss
11. “Tears are God’s gift to us, Our holy water, They heal us as they flow.“ – Rita Schiano
12. “Sympathy does not think. It acts. It acts to remove the ceaseless sufferings of the world.“ – Sri Chinmoy
13. “And with the morn those angel faces smile which I have loved long since and lost awhile.“ John Henry Newman
14. “If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated,
the universe would turn to a mighty stranger.“ – Emily Brontë
15. “Ten long trips around the sun since I last saw that smile, but only joy and thankfulness that on a tiny world in the vastness,
for a couple of moments in the immensity of time, we were one.“ – Ann Druyan
Message of Condolence
It is true there are no words that could take away the pain a bereaved person is going through, but reaching out to them goes a long way to not only strengthen them but also let them know that people worry about them. To properly reach out to someone in grief, you have to be certain the words you are saying are coming from your heart. Also, you have to pick your words carefully, so you do not get misunderstood.
There are some ways to reach to a loved one who is bereaved; some people settle for flowers, condolence messages, gifts and so on. The most important thing is for you to make an effort to show your loved ones that you sincerely care about what they are going through and that you would always be there for them whenever they need you. However, If the bereaved person is a friend, one way for you to properly reach out is to go through our list of condolences quotes for a friend. These quotes will serve as a guide for you to properly pen down your feelings and they will also inspire you to create a heartfelt condolence letter for your grieving friend.
16. “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.” Helen Keller
17. “Those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us every day. Unseen, unheard, but always near; still loved, still missed, and very dear,“ – Author unknown
18. “Life is eternal, and love is immortal, and death is only a horizon, and horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.” Rossiter Worthington Raymond
19. “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.“ – Cardinal Cottage
20. “Truly, it is in darkness that one finds the light, so when we are in sorrow, then this light is nearest of all to us,“ Meister Eckhart
21. “Here bring your wounded hearts, here tell your anguish; Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal.“ – Thomas More
22. “Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.”
23. “No person is ever truly alone. Those who live no more, whom we loved. Echo still within our thoughts, our words, our hearts.“ – Richard Fife
24. “He, who has gone, so we but cherish his memory, abides with us, more potent, may, more present than the living man.“ – Antoine De Saint Exupery
Show your sympathy with Condolences Quotes.
The death of a loved one is never easy to deal with. It can change a person’s life forever, it can ruin their hopes, dreams, and aspirations. These tragic losses often happen unexpectedly, so no one is ever really prepared for them. It takes a lot of time and effort for people in grief to get over the tragic loss of their loved ones.
When someone loses a loved one, the ideal thing to do is show your sympathy, and one of the best ways to do that is to pick out a heartfelt condolence quote that can convey your sympathy and always be there for the person in grief as much as you can. These condolence quotes can be written in a sympathy card and should be accompanied by flowers and your presence.
However, writing a condolence quote can be quite tricky, especially as it requires a lot of emotions. The aim is to pass a message to the bereaved family, stating just how sorry you are for their loss, but one has to be careful, so you do not pass the wrong message across. We have an array of condolence quotes and messages that can help you develop the most appropriate condolence card, to commiserate with a loved one in grief properly.